“Every human life, unique and unrepeatable, has value in and of itself; it is of inestimable value”
Watch the daily Novena video below.
For a complete playlist video of the 9 Day Novena click here.
Day 1 Novena
Day 2 Novena
“Abortion and euthanasia have become preeminent threats to human dignity because they directly attack life itself, the most fundamental human good and the condition for all others.”
– Living the Gospel of Life: A Challenge to American Catholics (1998), 32.
Day 3 Novena
“There cannot be two parallel lives in a person’s existence: on the one hand, the so-called spiritual life, with its values and demands; and on the other, the so-called secular life, that is, life in a family, at work, in social responsibilities.”
– Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Doctrinal Note on the Participation of Catholics in Public Life (2002), 6.
Day 4 Novena
“The great task that has to be faced today for the renewal of society is that of recapturing the ultimate meaning of life and its fundamental values.”
– Pope St. John Paul II, Familiaris Consortio (1981), 8.
Day 5 Novena
“Opennes to life is at the center of true development. When a society moves towards the denial or suppression of life, it ends up no long finding the necessary motivation and energy to strive for man’s true good.”
– Benedict XVI, Caritas in Veritate (2009), 28.
Day 6 Novena
“What is needed is a continuous, permanent conversion which, while requiring an interior detachment from every evil and an adherence to good in its fullness, is brought about concretely in steps which lead us ever forward.”
– Pope St. John Paul II, Familiaris Consortio (1981), 9.
Day 7 Novena
“Responsibility likewise falls… on the administrators of the health-care centers where abortions are performed. It is a most serious wound inflicted on society and its culture by the very people who ought to be society’s promoters and defenders.”
– Pope St. John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae (1995), 59.
Day 8 Novena
“Even the weakest and most vulnerable, the sick, the elderly, the unborn and the poor are masterpieces of God’s creation.”
– Message from Pope Francis to Catholics in Ireland and the UK (2013).
Day 9 Novena
“The Church firmly believes that human life, even if weak and suffering, is always a splendid gift of God’s goodness. Against the pessimism and selfishness which cast a shadow over the world, the Church stands for life.”
– Pope St. John Paul II, Familiaris Consortio (1981), 30.
Pregnant and Worried?
Find support from your local pregnancy center
- Guadalupe Hope Society Women’s Center in San Jose is a pregnancy medical clinic licensed by the California Department of Health providing pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, Abortion Pill Reversal treatment, peer counseling, pregnancy mentors, resources, and referrals. To make an appointment, call: (408) GHS-LIFE, (408) 447-5433 or go to https://www.ghswomenscenter.com and schedule online.
- RealOptions Obria Medical Clinics (in San Jose, Redwood City and Union City) provide life- affirming holistic health care with or without insurance. Their services include well woman care, STD testing and treatment, pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, prenatal care, abortion pill reversal treatment, health coaches, material support for moms and babies, childbirth and parenting classes, adoption support services, and community referrals. For an appointment call the Central San Jose Clinic at 408.978.9310 or the East San Jose Clinic at 408. 272.5577 or online at net
- Search for your local pregnancy center through Options United
- Catholic Charities — Franklin-Mckinley Children’s Initiative Community Center programs is an initiative of community collaborations that supports children from cradle to career through 1) education 2) safe and strong neighborhoods 3) economic development.
Additional Support Resources:
- Gabriel Project – a local parish based ministry that serves any pregnant woman who is feeling alone, afraid and in need of support for herself and her unborn baby. Please call our helpline (408) 214-2324 to be connected with volunteers who are ready to walk with you through your pregnancy and beyond.
- Birthright – national nonprofit helping women facing unplanned pregnancies.
- Catholic Charities — FRC Programs Overview — An overview on Family Resource Center programs in Santa Clara county.
Post-abortion Support and Healing
- hopeafterabortion.org | esperanzaposaborto.org for anyone seeking information, help, and healing after participation in an abortion.
All Catholics and people of faith and goodwill are invited to join in building a culture that supports and defends every human life.
- USCCB — statement on Women’s Health Protection Act
- CCC — Abortion Backgrounder and Reference White papers in English and Spanish
- CCC — Statement Committing to Women, Children and Families
- CCC — Statement on Constitutional Amendment SCA 10
- Bishop Cantu’s Statement — Dobbs Decision | Statement in Spanish
- Bishop Cantu’s Letter on Proposition 1
- Get mobilized! Join We Were Born Ready a forum to empower, equip, mobilize, resource Catholics to fulfill their baptismal call to serve women, children, and families, especially women in difficult and unexpected pregnancies
- Watch and Share the We Are Born Ready Webinars in English and Spanish
- Find and support your local pregnancy center
- Help Women find Resources. Donate to Options United
- Catholic Charities — Everyone Loves A Baby — Maternal Accompaniment PDF flier – English, Spanish, and Vietnamese