Increase your Knowledge
CNEHT is actively engaged in providing education, awareness and advocacy. We facilitate presentations and provide educational materials on human trafficking to parishes, schools, business groups, at conferences and other venues throughout our Diocese.
Start here to learn more about this issue through community online classes offered by Stanford University. Students in the Diocese of San Jose are also raising awareness through their many service projects in both private and public schools. Watch a video or take a class to learn more:
● Hummingbird project offers videos to raise awareness:
● Stanford University – Online class on Human Trafficking Awareness
offered as a self-paced course at three different levels:
■ General Awareness
■ Hospitality Industry
■ Transportation Industry
Students in the Diocese of San Jose are also raising awareness through an array of service projects in both private and public schools. Projects may range from raising awareness to advocacy projects and volunteer work at local agencies. This is a sampling of projects and more to come as students learn of this horrific issue that affects both our local and global communities and the importance of raising awareness.
Santa Clara Faith Formation Conference (SCFFC): Youth Ministry Workshops
2017: SCFFC Workshop planned in November 2017
CNEHT has offered workshops for youth ministers and teachers at the annual Faith Formation Conference as featured in these CNEHT eNewsletters:
Local students helping at the SCFFC Workshop
Many schools have Advocacy or Service Projects.
Here is what some high school students are doing locally.
If you have a story to share, let us know.Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notre Dame High School
● Student Advocacy featured in Feb. 2016 eNewsletter
Senior Service Initiative:
● Hummingbird Project
Bellarmine High School
● Summit on Human Dignity
○ See April 2016 eNewsletter
Mitty High School
● Social Media Campaign in Feb. 2016 eNewsletter
● Mitty Advocacy Project (MAP)
Mittyadvocacy.com and featured in eNewsletter:
Pioneer High School
● Sophomore Service Project
● August In-Service Day – Youth Ministers in Diocese of San Jose
The Catholic Network to End Human Trafficking (CNEHT) will offer a informative session and possible service opportunities with youth. It is being coordinated with Robbie Ocamp of the Youth Ministry Office and targeting the week of August 7-11 on a weekday 10am-12pm.
● August 31 Parish Information Night about Human Trafficking. Currently exploring a collaboration between two parishes in Los Gatos (St. Lawrence Parish and St. Mary’s) and may include student input.
● November 3-4, Santa Clara Faith Formation Conference. A human trafficking workshop will be offered on Friday for schools and on Saturday for parishes and the general public.
● January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month
● February 8 is feast day of St. Josephine Bakhita, a former slave
● March – Middle School presentations. CNEHT presentation to the 8th grade class at St. Clare’s school.
How are you called to help in the fight against human trafficking?
We encourage all to examine how they may be called to expand awareness and education of this injustice. In our parish or schools and within the diocese and our communities,there are many opportunities to join together to inform others and facilitate or provide acts of service or advocacy.
● Visit the CNEHT calendar for info on upcoming activities.
● Attend the workshop at the next Santa Clara Faith Formation conference. www.scffc.org
● Review the suggested Actions and Advocacy and consider how you may support this ministry or to lead a service or advocacy project.
● Contact us for more information at email@example.com