3 Ways to Promote Religious Life Support and Collection Virtually
- Post a reminder of the collection in your (arch)diocesan e-newsletter or in electronic bulletins to pastors or parishes. Our Coordinator Communications (click on Resources) can help. Download the Word file here.
- Share a reminder on (arch)diocesan social media and ask parishes to do the same. Our Social Media Tool Kit makes it easy with downloadable photos and text.
- Send parishes a link to our video, which can be posted on parish websites or used during Mass. TV/radio spots are also available.
Visit our Campaign Materials page for additional resources.
National Religious Retirement Fund Appeal
In his letter to the Galatians, St. Paul urges us to remain steadfast in helping others: “Let us not grow tired of doing good, for in due time we shall reap our harvest, if we do not give up” (Gal 6:9). During these unprecedented times, many are hurting and need our assistance, including elderly religious. As we approach the annual Retirement Fund for Religious collection, we encourage your continued support.
As you may know, senior religious were instrumental in establishing Catholic schools, hospitals, and charitable agencies. Often this progress came at great sacrifice, and many older sisters, brothers, and religious order priests served for little to no pay.
Today, hundreds of religious communities do not have enough retirement savings and struggle to provide for a growing number of elder members. Covid-19 has only increased the challenge to provide adequate care.
Your gift to the Retirement Fund for Religious provides vital funding for medications, nursing care, and more. If you are unable to give during Mass, please mail your offertory envelope to your parish or donate through your parish’s online giving platform, if available. You can also send your contributions to:
National Religious Retirement Office
3211 Fourth Street NE
Washington DC 20017-1194
Please make your check payable to Retirement Fund for Religious.
In these difficult days, you may feel as though your generosity has been exhausted. We ask just two things. First, please join us in praying for God’s protection for all our elderly religious. Second, please support the Retirement Fund for Religious collection as you are able—and know that women and men religious across the country hold you and your loved ones in grateful prayer.
Celebrate Communities of Spirit Hearts for Ministry
Let us shine the spotlight on women religious and encourage a wide range of campaigns and events that invite all who follow Jesus to
- expand and support their gospel witness
- grow the service networks they have seeded
- share their spirituality, charisms, and community
- encouraging young women to consider a vocation to religious life
- support their pastoral, teaching and prophetic works
- and focus on the new world hey call into being.