Join the Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS) and the Diocese of San Jose for this 3-day event seeking to understand, expand and strengthen the work of Catholic institutions with immigrant communities.
The conference will:
– Explore promising and successful programs and ministries with immigrants in parishes, elementary schools, universities, the workplace, immigrant service networks, charities, community organizing entities, hospitals, and other institutions;
– Examine how changing US immigration and refugee polices are affecting Catholic institutions, their members and those they serve;
– Lift up a distinctly Catholic vision of integration, which is rooted in communion, integral development, and evangelization of culture;
– Feature an annual address – named after CMS’s co-founder, Fr. Lydio Tomasi, c.s. – on the theological vision underlying the work of Catholic institutions with immigrants and refugees;
– Offer optional site visits to migrant programs and ministries in San Jose on March 11, 2019.
The conference fee is $125 for all three days, which includes meals during the conference program. Registration is free for all students and for Santa Clara University faculty and staff, but does not include lunch. Discounts and fee waivers are available for those indicating financial need. To request a discount or fee waiver, please contact email@example.com