The Diocese of San Jose is currently seeking a Principal for the 2023-2024 school year.
The principal is the spiritual, instructional, and administrative leader of the school, and is responsible with for the effective operation of the school as a Catholic educational institution. He/she is the primary agent for creating an environment that fosters Catholic faith formation, academic excellence, and vitality and viability. He/she is responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere for all members of the school community (faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni and donors) and a climate that encourages the engagement of each student in the learning process while fostering a love for learning.
The responsibilities of the principal include but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership within the school and creating an environment that speaks of the Catholic identity of the school.
- Developing a rigorous educational program that meets the needs of the student population and maintaining a consistency in academic excellence in line with the school’s accreditation standards.
- Providing leadership among faculty, staff and parents that creates an inviting, welcoming, learning environment in which the diversity among students on all levels is both respected and appreciated.
- Creating an atmosphere, with faculty, staff and parents, that fosters a love of learning among students and supports the development of the whole child. Providing professional development for and facilitating collaboration among faculty that advances the academic and spiritual goals of the school.
- Ensuring responsible and sustainable stewardship of the school.
- Preparing the annual school budget in collaboration with the Pastor, Director of Finance for the Department of Catholic Schools, and the School Finance Council and monitoring the budget once it has been approved.
- Collaborating with the Parish to support evangelization and the spiritual development of students, their families and faculty and staff.
- Maintain the physical environment of the facilities and structures by ensuring their cleanliness and safety in partnership with Parish.
- Recruiting, hiring, supporting, and supervising faculty and staff.
The Preferred Candidate for Principal . . .
- is a well-informed, practicing Catholic, registered and active within a parish
- has a Master’s Degree in educational leadership
- has prior experience as a Catholic Elementary School principal, and a minimum of 5 years of teaching, preferably in a Catholic school
- is passionate regarding the Catholic life of the school
- is an instructional visionary, adept at inspiring teachers in the pursuit of ongoing growth and educational excellence
- is highly collaborative and works well in team management situations; consults extensively in decision making
- is a people-person, accomplished at building and maintaining relationships and has good interpersonal skills
- is prudent in the managerial dimension of school life.
How to Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Salary will be set by the Diocese of San Jose 2023-2024 Principal salary scale. Salary Range: $137,000 – $155,000 per year based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org