As expressed in our school mission statement, St. John the Baptist Catholic School is a “faith-filled and family-oriented community” that fosters the spiritual, academic, social/emotional, and physical growth of every student. We cherish diversity and strive to cultivate an excellent school program that is rooted in the Gospel spirit of love.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, monitor, and assess an academic program consistent with Diocesan and local site goals and philosophies as well as the California Common Core Standards
- Manage homeroom responsibilities and activities for one middle school class
- Demonstrate strong classroom management skills for students in grades 6-8
- Model excellent technology skills and proficiency in integrating technology into the curriculum regularly to enhance student learning
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administration to assess and address student and professional needs
- Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding standards, objectives, and student progress within the instructional program
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Carry out all assigned faculty/staff duties in a professional manner
- Participating member of a Catholic community preferred
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A valid California teaching credential is preferred (must be willing to complete a credentialing program in the next five years).
- 3-5 years of teaching experience is preferred.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should review the job description and qualifications below and contact Christopher Brazil, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: $61,000 – $97,000 per year based on education and experience.