Responsible for facilitating the worship life of the parish community by coordinating and providing quality liturgical experiences that celebrate and strengthen the community’s journey of faith and helps parishioners nurture a love and devotion to their Catholic faith and identity through the liturgy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned): List the essential job duties that are specific to the position.
- Plans and develops the full liturgical cycle, including special liturgical events during major liturgical seasons Plans music for weekends and special liturgies.
- Works with the environment committee in planning flowers and/or other decorations in the church, including special liturgical events during major liturgical seasons
- Communicates with those staff members whose work affects liturgical celebrations; maintenance personnel, school personnel, religious education personnel and any other parish/school organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Musician is preferred though not required.
- In performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to to handle objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Both close and distance vision ability required.
Typical Working Conditions:
- The person in this position will work in an inside office environment and church; would work alone at times and frequently with large groups often requiring multitasking and working with deadlines and details. Normal work hours would be 17 hours per week with some being in the evening and/or over the weekend.
- Candidate must be a Catholic in good standing with a love for the faith and an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church. OR
- Candidate must support the teachings and values oft he Catholic Church and its mission.
Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other members of he staff as well as with staff members outside the department.
- Able to multi-task and provide good customer service.
- Travel and overtime (if applicable) may be required occasionally.
To apply: Please send your resume to: Carla Gerrard: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com