St. Justin is seeking a qualified person to be responsible for developing and supporting engaging catechetical programs. The coordinator works collaboratively with staff, catechetical personnel, volunteers to develop, strengthen, and promote effective faith formation. Specifically, the Coordinator provides leadership, support, consultation and resources to those engaged in: Ongoing Faith Formation, Sacramental Preparation and Rites of Christian Initiation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church and the Church’s catechetical documents.
- Knowledge of contemporary trends, resources, methodology, and best practices in catechetical ministry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in operating various computer programs.
- Ability to effectively present information in one‐on‐one, small, or large group situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with parish/school personnel, and other diocesan staff.
- B.A. in Education, Religious Studies, Theology, Pastoral Ministry or equivalent; Master Catechist certification.
- Graduate of the Diocesan Institute for Leadership in Ministry (ILM) Program, or willingness to go through the program, or equivalent.
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience on the diocesan or parish level in developing and implementing catechesis, family ministry, and the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and Children.
- Competency in providing leadership to assist the parish community in building a solid foundation for adult and family Christian living, ministry and outreach.
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic with a strong faith commitment.
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional growth.
- Respect and sensitivity to all cultural and ecumenical groups.
How to Apply
Salary determined according to Diocesan Guidelines. Persons interested are asked to send cover letter, resume and completed Diocese of San Jose Employment Application Form to Fr. Christopher Bransfield at: firstname.lastname@example.org