- This event has passed.
Spiritual Exercises in Daily Life / The 19th Annotation retreat
September 29, 2019
The 19th Annotation retreat:
* The 19th Annotation is also known as, “the Spiritual Exercises in daily life”.
* It is a “home retreat” for busy people who, otherwise could not find the time to do a classic retreat at a retreat house. It provides an opportunity to deepen one’s relationship with God in daily life.
* The 19th Annotation is a spiritual program that lasts eight to nine months and is based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. The accompanying text is from the book, Choosing Christ in the World, by Fr. Joseph Tetlow, SJ.
* Prayer, meditation contemplation and the reading of Holy Scripture is an essential for the retreat.
* This daily life retreat begins in September and continues until May. Each retreatant meets weekly (one-on-one) with a director (either priest or Margarita Hua) for 45 minutes at “Ignatius House”. Once a month, Fr. Andrew Garcia, SJ, elaborates on specific points of each week of the Spiritual Exercises.
What are the commitments that retreatants must make?
Be serious to the commitments undertaken.
Do 10 minutes of scriptural reading and 30 minutes of meditation a day.
Meet with a spiritual exercises director and inform her/him of absences.
Regularly maintain a journal.
What are the fundamental requirements?
A desire for God and a wish to seek Jesus.
Have a generous and open attitude to what God will reveal through the Exercises.
An openness to use your imagination in prayer with Holy Scripture.
One or two times a day, an examination of conscience every day.
How do I know if a retreat may help me? By answering “yes” to any of the following:
Do I desire to seek God in a deeper relationship?
Do I desire to make good and right decisions, i.e. to embrace God’s will for my life?
Do I desire a greater maturity and integrity?
Do I desire to understand what the feelings and emotions moving within me are indicating?
This program is free (no charge), but we do encourage and ask donations to keep this ministry going. Checks can be made payable to: Most Holy Trinity, Spiritual Exercises Ministry.
If you feel that God is calling you to do the Spiritual Exercises in daily life (the 19th Annotation), please call Margarita 408- 729-0101, or email to email@example.com. She will assist you regarding the 19th Annotation retreat and provide counsel regarding one’s spiritual journey with Jesus.
Spiritual Exercises Ministry, St. Ignatius of Loyola, Most Holy Trinity Parish,
2040 Nassau Dr. San Jose, Ca 95122