As with the revised translation of the Roman Missal, the Church continues to revise the translations of its various rites. The next ritual that has been completed is the Order of Celebrating Matrimony, formerly called the Rite of Marriage.
If you’re a liturgist, music coordinator, wedding coordinator, priest, or deacon, you will want to know how the changes in this new ritual will affect your planning of the wedding liturgy and your preparation of engaged couples for their Catholic wedding. This workshop will give you:
- basic information on what has changed and what hasn’t changed in the rite
- deeper understanding of the meaning of the wedding ritual and actions
- best practices for preparing engaged couples and their families and friends to participate fully in the rite
- suggestions for liturgical music for Catholic weddings
- guidelines for what not to do at a Catholic wedding
This workshop will also be live-streamed via webinar for those who cannot attend in person.
Something Old, Something New:
What Parish Leaders Need to Know
About the New Rite of Marriage
Presented by Diana Macalintal
Thursday, September 1, 2016
10:00a to 12:00p
Diocese of San Jose Chancery Office
1150 North First Street, Suite 100, San Jose 95112
Registration is free. Onsite space is limited.
Click here to register for attending the workshop in person at the Chancery.
Click here to register for attending the workshop via webinar live-stream.
(The webinar recording will be made available to everyone who registers for either the in-person or live-stream workshop.)
How to purchase the new ritual text
You can purchase the new ritual text in either an English-only edition or a bilingual (English and Spanish) edition from the Cathedral Gift Shop.
Contact Jim Del Biaggio