Queen of Apostles School is located in San Jose, CA next to Archbishop Mitty High School. The staff is committed to meeting the needs of all students and expresses a Never Give Up mentality. We are seeking a compassionate individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of children, while working in a diverse, warm, welcoming and vibrant community of students, staff, and parents. The individual should be able to foster expectations spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally in the classroom.
Applicants should contact Stefanie Hoover, Principal at email@example.com
Under the direct supervision of the Principal, the School Librarian supervises and manages the school library. The School Librarian provides services and resources that allow students to develop skills in locating, evaluating, synthesizing, and using information to solve problems. The School Librarian ensures that the library supports the instructional programs of the school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
● Foster a creative, flexible environment so that the school library is an essential part of the learning community.
● Promote a love of reading and lifelong learning.
● Collaborate with classroom teachers to design experiences that support learning.
● Develop and maintain resources appropriate to the curriculum, the learners, and instructional strategies of the school community.
● Establish procedures for selection, acquisition, and circulation of resources in all formats.
● Promote the ethical use of information: copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property.
● Maintaining a cooperative relationship with administration, staff, students, parents, community, and, where applicable, local public libraries.
● Exhibit flexibility in day-to-day school environments.
● Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
● Self-motivated and reliable.
● Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, parents, staff, and the general public.
● Able to manage moderate levels of stress.
● Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
● Ethical and discreet team player.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
- Work as part of a team.
- Attend faculty, administrative, and all other meetings as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
● Associate degree.
● Knowledge of library science.
● Two years’ experience in library setting, preferred.
● Sufficient training to perform tasks assigned by the Principal and/or School Office Manager.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
● English, required.
● Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred.
● Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
● Experience with school information systems (SIS).
● Working knowledge of Workday, or willingness to learn.
● Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications.
● Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting.
● Can lift 25 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
● Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computer, telephone, and alarm system.
● Level of vision, hearing, speaking required.
● Able to work evenings and weekends if required.
● Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
● Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission.