St. Christopher School is seeking a part-time, co-curricular art teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. St. Christopher School is located in the Willow Glen neighborhood of San José serving 500 students in grades K-8.
Established in 1955, St. Christopher School is a Catholic educational community within St. Christopher Parish. St. Christopher School is dedicated to educating children to become faith-filled leaders who serve God, consider their actions, and step up. Centered on the message of Jesus Christ, the school promotes the growth of students’ faith life, community responsibilities, and individual talents.
Interested candidates should review the job description and qualifications below and contact the school principal, Andrew Armann, at email@example.com.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions
- Plan, implement, and evaluate appropriate art curricula and activities for students in grades 5-8
- Provide instruction for students with diverse learning needs, and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations to help them be successful
- Possess knowledge of the California Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) standards and experience with pacing lessons.
- Complete inventory and order art supplies for all grades (k-8) in a timely manner
- Use the school information system (SIS) platforms for the grade book, record-keeping, and parent communication.
- Have a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively to feedback in a collaborative working environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential they will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
- Previous experience working with student athletes and holding a leadership role.
Salary Range: $61,000 – $97,000 per year based on education and experience.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Andrew Armann, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com