- This event has passed.
Engaging Parents Forming Family Faith
February 26, 2015 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
This workshop will share effective ways in which parish communities are engaging parents and helping families grow in faith together. It is designed for all parish and Catholic school leaders whose ministries touch the family. Susan Searle from the Center for Ministry Development is the presenter.
This workshop will provide leaders with:
– A better understanding of today’s parents;
– Strategies for reaching out to parents and ways to support them in deepening their own faith;
– The Church’s vision for family from Scripture, Church teachings, the Synod on the Family, Pope Francis;
– Strategies to strengthen family faith at home and in the parish;
– Ways to involve parents in faith formation, sacramental preparation, and youth ministry;
– Strategies for engaging families through technology;
– Strategies for motivating families to do service and outreach together.
The workshop is designed for all parish, diocesan, and Catholic school leaders whose ministries touch the family—including pastors, deacons, pastoral associates, coordinators of youth ministry, leaders in faith formation and catechists, sacramental preparation leaders, family ministers, service/social concerns leaders, Catholic school principals and teachers.
Cost: $54.00 which includes handouts and lunch
Click here to register: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ea3xzwbqcc392038&llr=t7vhojcab