Natural Family Planning (NFP) Awareness Week is July 19-25
Every July, the Church commemorates St. Paul VI’s encyclical on the regulation of birth and human life, Humanae Vitae. The Office of Family Life & Spirituality will offer a variety of resources to help you celebrate its 52nd anniversary (July 25) the week of July 19-25! Read Humanae Vitae.
- National NFP Awareness Week provides an opportunity to spread the word about Catholic teaching on marriage, conjugal love and responsible parenthood. Sharing basic information about the methods of NFP and why they support God’s design for life and love is at the heart of this national campaign. Use the following resources to create articles for diocesan newspapers, websites, Facebook and media threads. Permission is granted to reproduce these resources in print or electronically. For further questions, please contact, email@example.com: Click here for Media Kit
- “The Gift of Humanae Vitae & NFP” Facebook Live presentation with Joel de Loera and Dolores Moreno. The presentation will be recorded and available on our website.
- English – Wednesday, July 22 6:00 P.M.
- Spanish – Wednesday, July 22 7:30 P.M.
- Discover the Gift! Humanae Vitae Online Study with Endow & Couple to Couple League
- We invite you to join Endow and Couple to Couple League in celebrating the 52nd Anniversary of Humanae Vitae! To celebrate this historical document we will be discussing Humanae Vitae in an online group study on Wednesdays throughout the months of July and August. All sessions will be recorded so even if you can’t attend at this time, please sign up! We will send the recordings out afterward. Click here to register.
- Resources for homilies and other liturgical settings: Click here
- Resources for parishes: Click here
- We will be updating our website with more resources on Humanae Vitae and NFP in the coming weeks. Visit us at: https://www.dsj.org/evangelization/family-life/natural-family-planning/
Semana nacional de concientización sobre la Planificación Familiar Natural PFN
19 al 25 de julio
Cada julio, la Iglesia conmemora la encíclica de San Pablo VI sobre la regulación del nacimiento y la vida humana, Humanae Vitae. ¡La Oficina de Vida Familiar y Espiritualidad ofrecerá una variedad de recursos para ayudarlo a celebrar el 52 aniversario (25 de julio) la semana del 19 al 25 de julio! Para leer haga clic en el siguiente enlace, Humanae Vitae.
- La Semana Nacional de Concientización sobre la PFN brinda la oportunidad de correr la voz sobre la enseñanza católica sobre el matrimonio, el amor conyugal y la paternidad responsable. Compartir información básica sobre los métodos de PFN y por qué apoyan el diseño de Dios para la vida y el amor es el corazón de esta campaña nacional. Use los siguientes recursos para crear artículos para periódicos diocesanos, sitios web, y Facebook. Se otorga permiso para reproducir estos recursos en forma impresa o electrónica. Para más preguntas, comuníquese con firstname.lastname@example.org. Para el “media kit” haga clic aquí.
- Presentación en vivo de “The Gift of Humanae Vitae & NFP” en Facebook con Joel de Loera y Dolores Moreno. La presentación se grabará y estará disponible en nuestro sitio web.
- Inglés – miércoles 22 de julio 6:00 p.m.
- Español – Miércoles 22 de julio 7:30 p.m.
- Actualizaremos nuestro sitio web con más recursos sobre Humanae Vitae y NFP en las próximas semanas. Visítenos en: https://www.dsj.org/evangelization/family-life/natural-family-planning/
Natural Family Planning
Modern Methods of Natural Family Planning (NFP) are versatile and is usable in any stage of a woman’s reproductive life; (regular, irregular cycles, breast feeding etc.) to either achieve or avoid pregnancy. It is based upon the couple’s own knowledge of their naturally occurring cyclic phases of fertility and infertility. Natural Family Planning is not contraception, it offers high reliability, morally acceptable and is a true means of shared family planning in which couples value, respect and understand their combined fertility.
Diocese of San Jose Fertility Care specializes in the Creighton Model System (family planning that’s completely natural). The Creighton Model System of Natural Family Planning offered through the Diocese of San Jose is also highly beneficial for those couples facing infertility concerns.
Information is taken from Pope Paul VI Institute for the Study of Human Reproduction, 6901 Mercy Road, Omaha, NE 68106, U.S.A.
Natural Family Planning Class
These classes are taught by certified instructors from the Diocese of San Jose
Natural Family Planning Questions and Answers
I am getting married on ________ and I would like to register for the Natural Family Planning (NFP) session, what dates do you have available?
To answer this question you must view the NFP registration form/s available above by clicking on ENGLISH or SPANISH. Note the forms on this website are revised and updated every month or every other month depending on how soon sessions become unavailable.
There are no session dates available before my wedding date, what can we do?
When NFP sessions are no longer available before your wedding date please contact our facilitator Dolores Moreno at 408-983-0130 or email@example.com Dolores provides private sessions to couples that require scheduling an NFP session as soon as possible. Unable to schedule a private or regular session we encourage you to notify the Priest asking for this requirement to be fulfilled before your wedding date, and if permitted may this requirement be completed after your wedding celebration. Most Priests will allow this.
If NFP sessions are available before wedding date, how can I register for a Natural Family Planning session?
At this time we do not accept registrations over the phone, fax, or email. All registration forms (both English and Spanish) must be mailed to Attention: NFP, Office for Parish Services, Diocese of San Jose, The Chancery, 1150 N. 1st St., Ste. 100, San Jose, CA 95112. NO WALKINS ACCEPTED ON THE DAY OF THE SESSION.
Do we receive a notification confirming our registration?
Yes, you will receive a Natural Family Planning Confirmation letter through e-mail or regular mail.
Where do all sessions take place?
All Natural Family Planning Sessions take place at The Chancery, Diocese of San Jose, 1150 North First Street, Suite 100, San Jose, CA 95112 (Must register prior to attending)
I live out of state but would like to get married here in San José. I was informed you give marriage preparation classes, how and where can I get registered?
We do not provide marriage preparation classes. We can only advise you to see your parish priest/marriage coordinator (who is supposed to give you and your fiancé the marriage preparation). Depending on the requirements of that state – then ask the parish Priest in San José if he will accept the out of state requirements.