Diocese of San José Responds to Coronavirus
Page Updated 3.20.2020
Our parishes and Catholic schools are taking action to keep our communities healthy
- Suspend all public Masses until further notice
- Limit funerals and emergency baptisms to only immediate family (no more than 10 people) and ask person in higher risk groups not to attend
- Pastoral care visits to the sick or the homebound by priests and lay ministers are being suspended, unless for the Anointing of the Sick (commonly known as Last Rites), until further notice
- RCIA and Faith Formation sessions have been suspended until further notice.
- Postpone or cancel all non-essential travel, parish missions, and pilgrimages (through Easter break, April 19, with the possibility of extension)
- Postpone, cancel, or determine an alternate format for all group meetings, retreats, events, and fundraisers (through Easter break, April 19, with the possibility of extension)
Updates Specific to Our Schools:
All Diocesan schools will continue distance learning through May 1, 2020.
Please read the full message from our superintendent of Catholic schools HERE.
Guidance from Santa Clara County Public Health:
- Recommendations for Schools (PDF)
- Recommendations for Businesses and Workplaces (PDF)
- Recommendations for Community Based Organizations (PDF)