The Coordinator of Youth Ministry (CYM) provides vision and coordination for the parish’s efforts in ministry to young people from 6th through 12th grades. This includes high school and middle school sessions (weekly or bi-weekly gatherings), monthly activities, catechesis, and sacramental preparation (confirmation).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Direct a comprehensive Youth Ministry program for Middle and High school students.
- Promote and lead youth ministry in the parish school community
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, supporting, and evaluating of volunteers in youth ministry program
- Be a resource person to parish staff on issues related to Middle and High school youth ministry
- Serve as the liaison with the pastor, parish staff, parish council, and Diocesan Youth Ministry Office
- Collaborate with the Liturgy Committee in the implementation and development of the youth liturgy.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement overnight youth retreats, Youth Masses, evenings for prayer and reflection, etc.
- Assist Catechetical Coordinator in Confirmation programs
- Collaborate with the Evangelization committees in the parish faith formation
- Mentor a Core Team of Youth leaders to help plan vision and direct youth events
- Practicing Catholic able to participate in the Sacraments of the Church
- Bachelor’s degree in Religious Education or Theology, or certification in Youth Ministry with a background in theology and educational methodologies and a willingness to seek degree
- Good communication skills; proficiency using technology and social media
- Proficient in using the computer including Word, Excel, Publisher, Adobe, etc.
- Ability to be present in the parish office as needed
- Previous Experience as a youth minister is desired.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with youth and volunteers.
- Knowledge of Catholic music and worship is desired
The employee is required to be physically present in the office to complete office task, be available to work outside of regular business hours as required and check in with and provide calendar to administrative assistant. The employee must be able to work cooperatively with other members of the staff and with youth leaders and volunteers. The employee must be able to multi-task.
The work week is 18 hours per week on a year-round basis; however, the position requires a willingness and flexibility in work hours, including nights and weekends, and occasional travel when necessary to fulfill job responsibilities. Must successfully pass required background and fingerprint check.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume to Fr. James Okafor @ firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com