GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Serves the needs of the youth and young adult families of St Lucy parish and forms them into radical disciples through relationships, prayer experiences, service, ministries and programs.
This position is for all of the youth and young adult ministry programs of the parish. General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of programs, ministries and other experiences that promote the eight components of the U.S. Bishops document “Renewing the Vision”.
- Coordination of the Middle School Ministry, High School Ministry, Confirmation, and Young Adult Ministry programs at the parish.
- Providing opportunities through workshops, retreats, and other spiritual formation and evangelization of youth and young adults.
- Facilitating the training and formation of leaders through recruiting, training, evaluating, and encouraging vocations.
- Facilitating the planning of, implementing, and evaluating long and short range ministry goals.
- Promoting active youth worship including participative and inclusive liturgy and prayer opportunities.
- Coordination with other parishes in the best practices for youth ministry.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Coordination the Middle School Ministry-
- Coordination the High School Youth Ministry- Life Teen.
- Coordination the High School Confirmation Program.
- Implementation and coordination of the Young Adult Ministries.
- Serves as the staff liaison between the Young Adult Hispanic Group (Despertar Juvenil)
- Provides Relational Ministry to the families in our parish youth ministries and programs.
- Provides Relational Outreach Ministry to youth and young adults in and out of the parish boundaries.
- Attends all staff meetings, faith formation team meetings, and Diocesan meetings for Youth Ministry Coordinators.
- Budget planning.
- Calendar planning.
- Collaboration with other parishes & their youth ministries.
- Works in collaboration with the youth of our St. Lucy School.
- Assist with the Quinceañeras Retreat and incorporate ways to evangelize the teens and their families.
- Practicing Roman Catholic who is in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- Successful completion of Diocesan Safe Environment process and clearance of fingerprinting.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Public speaking experience.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- S. Degree in related field of study and preferred Master’s degree in Theology, Catechesis, and/or Pastoral Ministry.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a Youth Ministry setting.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Proficiency in writing in English & Spanish.
- Effectively evangelizes and communicates via:
- Parish bulletin
- Parish website
- Flyers and documents
- Twitter/Facebook/Instagram messages/page
- Regular emails to parents and teenagers
- Regular Mass announcements
SALARY RANGE: $22.05 per hour to $26.53 per hour depending on education and experience.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org