St. Elizabeth Seton School in Palo Alto, CA is currently seeking a Vice Principal for the 2023-2024 school year.
St. Elizabeth Seton School, sponsored by the Daughters of Charity, is a nurturing community in the Vincentian tradition. We provide holistic learning and a challenging curriculum to all students. At Seton, we believe that every child can and will learn. We work diligently to create supportive environments and to provide multiple opportunities for all learners to be successful academically, spiritually, socio-emotionally, and physically.
Vision for the Vice Principal
Assists the Principal with assigned responsibilities to implement and manage the policies, regulations, and procedures of the Department of Catholic Schools to ensure that all students are working towards meeting or exceeding the State Core Curriculum Content Standards following the approved curricula and directives of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Vice Principal work collaboratively to lead and nurture members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents and members of the community. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for discipline of students, supervision of staff, scheduling, curriculum development, program evaluation, supervision of extracurricular activities, and general operations of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Model Catholic values in all interactions with faculty/staff, students, school families and the greater community.
- Actively foster and support Catholic beliefs, traditions and practices.
- Operates with positive candor and transparency to create a strong, healthy adult culture tied to our root beliefs and core values.
- Makes rounds after school to engage teachers and offers support and encouragement where needed.
- Assist in the planning of a professional development program that is relevant to the needs of the faculty and improves student learning.
- Assist in the orientation and mentoring of new faculty and staff.
- Exhibits a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Seeks to build and foster partnerships with and among faculty, staff, parents, and students.
- Assists in establishing and promoting high standards and expectations for all students and staff.
- Keeps the staff informed and seeks ideas for the improvement of the school.
- Fosters a growth mindset.
Other or Shared Responsibilities:
- Assists the Principal with administrative functions of the school as assigned by the Principal.
- Attends required staff meetings and serves, as appropriate, on staff committees.
- Supervises the instructional programs assigned by the Principal.
- Evaluates lesson plans and observes classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies.
- Supervises personnel as assigned by the Principal to ensure that all job responsibilities are met and exceeded.
- Supervises assigned non-classroom areas and non-instructional times, including arrival and dismissal of students.
- Shares in the supervision of school-wide and extra-curricular activities, including evening events.
- Attends parent meetings and other school functions
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Uses excellent written and oral English skills when communicating with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Employee must have knowledge of Catholic Church and Catholic school structure, system and culture.
- Attends Catholic School Vice Principal meetings.
Education, License, Certificates, and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a valid CA Credential Master’s Degree in Administrative Leadership or Educational Leadership preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years excellent experience in teaching and/or administration.
How to Apply: Send resumé, cover letter, and a list of 3 references to email@example.com
Salary Range: $71,000 – $97,000 per year based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org