Assists the Elementary School Principal with assigned responsibilities to implement and manage the policies, regulations, and procedures of the Department of Education to ensure that all students meet or exceed the State Core Curriculum Content Standards, following the approved curricula and directives of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Vice Principal work collaboratively to lead and nurture members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents and members of the community. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for discipline of students, supervision of staff, curriculum development, program evaluation, supervision of extracurricular activities, and general operations of the school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (other duties may be assigned)
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to motivate people.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Conduct discipline and suspension hearings in accordance with established school and Diocesan procedures, ensuring due process.
- Incorporate procedures for the early identification of potentially disruptive students and the conditions that create or enhance unacceptable behavior (e.g., bullying), and implement programs to address such conditions.
- Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, ensuring a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students.
- Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school.
- Oversees the Emergency Procedures
OTHER OR SHARED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Principal with administrative functions of the school as assigned by the Principal.
- Attend required staff meetings and serve, as appropriate, on staff committees.
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES:
- Supervise the instructional programs assigned by the Principal, evaluating lesson plans and
- Observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with the Katherine Drexel Initiative.
- Supervise personnel as assigned by the Principal to ensure that all job responsibilities are met and exceeded.
- Supervise assigned non-classroom areas and non-instructional times, including arrival and dismissal of students.
- Share in the supervision of school-wide and extra-curricular activities, including evening events.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a valid CA Credential
- Have a minimum of five (5) years excellent experience in teaching and/or administration and working with adolescents.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Use excellent written and oral English skills when communicating with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Ensure that the instructional programs engage the learner in tasks that require analytical and critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity, that they address the range of skills and developmental needs found in the classroom, that they encourage the student to define individual goals and accept responsibility for learning, and that they provide a variety of methods for the student to demonstrate performance and accomplishments.
- Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications.
- Prepare reports and recommend changes in procedures and facilities should the conditions warrant.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A valid CA Teaching Credential
- Compliant with Safe Environment Requirements
- Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
- Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
- Speak and hear.
- Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, computers, and/or controls.
- Exposure to a variety of childhood and adult diseases and illnesses.
- Occasional exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
- Exposure to heated/air conditioned and ventilated facilities.
- Exposure to a building in which a variety of chemical substances are used for cleaning,
- instruction, and/or operation of equipment.
- Function in a workplace that is usually moderately quiet but that can be noisy at times.
- Employee must have knowledge of Catholic Church and Catholic school structure, system and culture.
- Attends Catholic School Vice-Principal’s meetings, as needed.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Anne Nowell, Principal of St. Catherine School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: $71,000 – $95,000 per year based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com