Mission: St. Lawrence Elementary and Middle School challenges students from diverse backgrounds to grow academically and emotionally within a supportive Catholic community. Our school fosters individuality and active learning, helping children thrive now and in the future.
Job Summary: St. Lawrence Elementary and Middle School is looking for a dynamic educator to teach in our 50/50 dual language immersion program for the 2023-2024 school year. The teacher will be responsible for teaching transitional kindergarten in Spanish for half the day and kindergarten in Spanish for the other half of the day.
The teacher will be expected to:
- Conduct 98-100% of instruction in Spanish.
- Teach grade level content (Spanish Language Arts, Religion, and Social Studies) in Spanish.
- Structure activities in the classroom to encourage students to engage in both language input and output, to facilitate oral language production and comprehension.
- Avoid any use of translation to facilitate comprehension; rather, the teacher shall use context clues, manipulatives, visuals, and student-centered instruction to facilitate comprehension.
- Cover assigned staff duties, including recess supervision, as well as other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the school administration.
While not required, the most competitive candidates will:
- Possess or be working on the following: CA teaching credential and/or a Bilingual Authorization in Spanish.
- Have significant training in literacy development.
- Have experience teaching in a dual language immersion program.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Christine Frea at email@example.com.
Please note: Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange interview times.
Annual salary is based on Salary scale in accordance with the Teacher Salary Guidelines. Salary Range: $59,000 – $94,000 per year based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org