The Technology Ministry Coordinator oversees the use of the technology required to support Liturgies and other special events for the parish and the school. The Technology Ministry Coordinator assures live streaming of the daily, Sunday and special Masses and celebrations. The Coordinator also sees that the Technology Ministry supports the Music Ministry by setting up and taking down the equipment used by musicians, singers and choirs, and by mixing the resulting audio for sound reinforcement and broadcast. Responsibility also includes inventory control, maintenance, repair, and requesting replacement of equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- A basic understanding and appreciation of the Liturgy of the Catholic Church.
- Practical understanding and experience in the use of Audio/Visual equipment including microphones, mixers, projectors and digital cameras.
- Demonstrated ability in computer literacy and general familiarity with software concepts and programs for audio / video production.
- Demonstrated ability to lead volunteers and be a collaborative team player on the pastoral staff.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated ability in motivating lay volunteers.
- Professional and supportive customer service demeanor.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Adhere to and understand OSHA and diocesan standards for all phases of the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include THE FOLLOWING:
(other duties may be assigned)
Work hours for this position include working evenings and weekends. All ministry in and by the Church is substantially different from secular involvement. Church ministers must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Diocese. Ministers should carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that meet the needs of the Parish Community and is within policies and guidelines of the Roman Catholic Church. They should maintain the confidential nature of all work. Care is taken to reflect the diversity of the Parish Community, thus candidates for this position include men and women of various ages, social and ethnic backgrounds, married and single.
Coordination of Technology During Liturgies and Services
- Ensure that the guidelines as outlined in the Diocesan Media in Worship Policy are followed for the use of technology during Masses.
- Ensure that all liturgies use the available technology to project lyrics, prayers, presentations and videos as approved by the pastor for use in Sunday Masses.
- Ensure live-streamed Masses and events use the available technology to broadcast those Masses and events to YouTube and Facebook.
- Develop and maintain operator documentation.
- Work with the technology scheduler to ensure adequate A/V support as required.
- Oversee licensing requirements required for live-streamed broadcasts.
- Provide support for requests for the post-processing of live-streamed broadcasts, such as extracting audio recordings from selected parts of the broadcast.
- Coordinate the activities of the Technology Ministry, including new minister training.
- Collaborate with existing leadership in the Technology Ministry.
- Ensure that there are enough active volunteers in the ministry to serve the community.
- Ensure that there are members of the Technology Ministry who can assist with other parish needs such as school assemblies, special liturgies, and parish meetings.
- Coordinate the training of ministers and staff members to be proficient in using the church and parish center building technology.
Equipment Management and Maintenance
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion. Interface with parish IT Coordinator concerning IT and network issues.
- Ensure an accurate inventory of all Church A/V technology equipment is available.
- Maintain equipment manuals and maintenance logs. Ensure needed maintenance is performed on schedule.
- Oversee the maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment.
Education and Experience
Basic working knowledge of projectors, microphones, mixers, speakers, audio systems, LCD/plasma displays, digital cameras.
Familiarity with computer software for video and audio production and software interfacing.
Familiarity with computer network configuration and debugging desirable.
Familiarity with live-streaming to Facebook and YouTube desirable.
Familiarity with digital cameras, including configuration, calibration and video production desirable.
High school diploma, progress on associate degree and experience in the field
Language Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to read and understand Church documents, guidelines and professional journals; ability to understand and explain policies and answer questions.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and respond to a variety of situations related to music ministry. Ability to understand and apply guidelines and organizational ability required.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee must be able to transport materials and equipment (up to 30 pounds) to and from various locations. The employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, handle objects, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: The employee is expected to work a 19-hour workweek. The 19 hours will be on a flexible schedule as work demands. Evening and weekend work is required.
Other Requirements: The employee must demonstrate a history of effective leadership, good judgment, initiative, confidentiality and discretion. Must be a practicing Roman Catholic.
SALARY RANGE: $26 to $34 per hour range based on experience and education.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org