St. John Vianney school is seeking a full time teacher. Candidates must be dedicated to providing a rigorous Catholic education that helps students learn on a path and pace that serves the whole child (mind, body and spirit). Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree, and have completed courses needed to meet credential requirements. They should also have elementary classroom teaching experience. Candidates should be able to embrace the mission of St. John Vianney Parish and School which states that we are dedicated to forming joyful disciples of Jesus Christ.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a full-time instructor of the curriculum to a first grade class, including the supervision of an instructional aide
- Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions, including working with the parish
- Assist with instruction for students with diverse learning needs, including accelerated learners, and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations in order to help them be successful.
- Possess knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards, as well as have demonstrable knowledge of Common Core Standards (including CA Common Core) and experience with pacing
- Have a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively to feedback
- Have experience working in a collaborative environment with several other enrichment teachers, all faculty, staff, and administration
- Integrate technology and differentiated instruction to motivate and engage students in the learning process
- Be flexible and creative
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate student progress
- Be open to participating in various school committees outside of the classroom responsibilities
- Be able to work as a team and distribute duties with the instructional aide in the classroom
- Implement strong classroom management skills that are inclusive and restorative
- Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree is required
A teaching credential or one that is in the process of being obtained is required.
Salary will be determined in consultation with the Diocese of San Jose teacher salary scale.
Interested candidates should c email a cover letter and resume to principal Karen Suty at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com