Camp directors conceptualize and implement camp curriculum. They also oversee camp counselors and other employees, which may include assessing work performance and taking disciplinary measures when necessary. Camp directors also manage their facilities’ budgets, hire staff members and develop training programs. Additionally, the Director develops and executes marketing plans to recruit campers.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill objectives (see detailed list below):
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Models’ relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation. in program.
- Be open to change and flexible with parents.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent or one to two years related experience preferred. Coaching is a plus.
- Minimum age requirements may apply; for example, minimum age of 21
- Typical requirements within 3 days of hire include completion of: Fingerprints and Protecting gods children certification; (These are not required by recommended/preferred: CPR; First Aid; AED).
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
Salary range: $30,000-$35,000 Annual base pay (Exempt pay)
6-week program $1000 a week
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org