Holy Family School is looking for a dedicated and passionate educator to teach Second Grade effective February 28 – mid-May 2022.
Mission: Holy Family School is a parish school, rich in the tradition of Catholic education and committed to academic excellence. Our mission is to foster and support the development of Catholic faith and identity, while nurturing the whole child. In partnership with family, educators, and the whole parish community, we strive to promote the spiritual, intellectual and social development of our students.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, monitor, and assess students in a self-contained, multiple subject classroom that is consistent with Diocesan and local site goals.
- Apply knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards, as well as have demonstrable knowledge of California Common Core Standards and experience with pacing guides
- Maintain a positive and professional image consistent with the mission and values of Holy Family School and the Diocese of San Jose
- Develop and communicate curricular and instructional plans and objectives to parents to allow parental monitoring and engagement
- Be knowledgeable in Standards-Based grading. Prepare mid-Trimester Progress Reports and Trimester report cards with the support of administrators.
- Be proficient in integrating technology into the curriculum on a regular basis to enhance student learning
- Be proficient in utilizing technology apps used in Distance Learning, should the need arise. These include, but are not limited to Zoom, Seesaw, YouTube.
- Communicate regularly with parents via our communication platform, Parent Square.
- Attend weekly Faculty meetings
- Assist in preparing students for the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Confirmation, and First Holy Communion.
- Perform assigned supervision duties or other responsibilities as assigned by school administration
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A valid CA teaching credential is required
- Experience in working with primary grade students
Interested applicants, please email a resume and cover letter to the Principal, Vida Covington at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org