Saint Simon Parish School, located in Los Altos, California, was established in 1961 and remains a leader in innovative Catholic elementary education in Silicon Valley. We were named a 2021 National Blue Ribbon School. We strive to build a welcoming community, grounded in academic excellence, where students are guided by Catholic values, encouraged to discover and develop their talents, and inspired to lead lives of service.
Saint Simon Parish School has an opening for a part-time Instructional Assistant in second grade for the 2022-2023 school year. The position is for approximately 18 hours per week and is non-benefits eligible. The successful candidate is an energetic, passionate and diligent educator who wants to uphold the mission of the school and be part of this rewarding ministry of Catholic education.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work to support classroom teachers in delivering effective instruction to all students, including in small groups and individually;
• Provide the classroom teacher with support in managing student work and classroom tasks, including preparation of materials for class activities and assignments;
• Cover assigned staff duties, including recess and lunch supervision, as well as other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the school administration;
• Assist with standardized test administration under the direction of the school administration/classroom teacher;
• Maintain absolute confidentiality over student and institutional information;
• Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions; and
• Under the direction of the classroom teacher, assist with instruction for students with diverse learning needs, including accelerated learners, and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations in order to help them be successful.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not necessary;
• Experience working with elementary school children, especially having an understanding of developmental stages;
• Strong work ethic and a passion for education;
• A genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively to feedback in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
How to Apply: Please e-mail (1) cover letter and (2) resume to Mrs. Ann Kozlovsky, Principal, at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org