St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School is Catholic community that fosters and enriches the faith life of its students and provides a quality academic education. In partnership with parents, guardians, educators and the parish, we focus on forming students who are compassionate, who contribute to their own learning and who make connections to their local and global community.
St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School is seeking a Full-time Science and Math Teacher for 2023-2024 school year. St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School is located in Los Gatos, CA. We serve students in Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade. St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School is a Catholic Community that fosters and enriches the faith life of its students and provides a quality academic education.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, implement, monitor, and assess an academic program consistent with Diocesan and local site goals, and philosophies.
- Employs a variety of educational techniques to teach children, providing a diverse learning environment for all learners and managing accommodations for students when needed.
- Directs student needs to improve their social competencies and build self-esteem.
- Sets goals and tracks children’s progress, providing feedback to students and parents on a regular basis.
- Acts as a positive role model and maintains a professional attitude.
- Uses positive communication skills both in and out of the classroom.
- Maintain a positive professional image consistent with the mission and values of St. Joseph School and the Diocese of San Jose.
- Ensure student safety, health, and maintain classroom tidiness.
- Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment, and development activities, school functions, student supervision and staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and a masters is preferred.
- A valid CA teaching credential is preferred.
- Experience in working with middle school students and understanding the developmental stages for this age group is preferred.
- Have a strong work ethic and a passion for education.
- Experience teaching math/science preferred.
- BS/BA in education or relevant field
- Strong belief in whole-child education
Salary Range: $61,000 – $97,000 per year based on education and experience.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Monica Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org