Under the general supervision of the Principal, Tech Support Coordinator, leads, organizes, controls, directs and evaluates the integration of the technology program. S/He supports the Principal in developing the school’s information technology strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
- In collaboration with the Principal, develop and implement the school’s short- and long-range technology plan for the use of present and emerging technology.
- Design, coordinate and provide instructional technology in-service opportunities for students, faculty, and staff.
- Inspire, encourage, and support faculty with creative and sustainable research and technology solutions that support teaching and learning.
- Respond to (and solicit) faculty requests for assistance in the integration of technological and information literacy skills that enhance the educational experience for students into their curricula.
- In collaboration with the Principal, identify and purchase hardware and software as necessary for the technology program.
- Perform maintenance and trouble-shooting procedures on equipment.
- Establish and maintain the school’s wired and wireless network.
- Problem-solve daily software and hardware issues involving school technology.
- Collect and review an inventory of technology equipment and materials.
- Identify and inform faculty of new technologies and software which may assist them with their essential duties and responsibilities.
- Provide technology training for faculty, staff, and students.
- Disseminate technology-related information within the school via news bulletins, electronic mail, and presentations at staff meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality over student and institutional information.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
- Work as part of a team.
- Attend faculty, administrative, and all other meetings as needed.
Vision, Strategy and Leadership:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to articulate and communicate complex technology concepts effectively in non-technical terms in a compelling manner.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, detailed-oriented, and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, pastor, parents, staff, diocesan departments, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of immediacy.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES: N/A
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES (OTHERS): N/A
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Technology, or a related technology/computer field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of experience working with students and education professionals in the field of educational technology.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging network management tools, architectural concepts, and principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- English, required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred
- Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
- Proficient in various computer operating systems.
- Experience with school information systems.
- Familiar with modern technology tools, services, and other instruments that have applications both inside and outside the classroom.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting
- Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computer, telephone, and alarm system
- Can lift 25 lbs. in compliance with safety standards
- Level of vision, hearing, speaking required
- Able to work evenings and weekends if required
- Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission and act as a Minister of the Faith.
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org