St. Lucy School is a Pre K- 8th grade Catholic school located in Campbell, California. “We are an innovative Catholic school within a thriving parish community. Our students are engaged learners who benefit from a supportive community of dedicated teachers, parents, grandparents, and alumni who partner in support of their growth.” In partnership with the parents, St. Lucy School provides a quality education that fosters a welcoming community, faith and service and academic excellence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Principal, develop and implement the school’s short- and long-range technology plan for the use of present and emerging technology.
- Design, coordinate and provide instructional technology in-service opportunities for students, faculty, and staff.
- Teach computer classes to K-5th grade students.
- Inspire, encourage, and support faculty with creative and sustainable research and technology solutions that support teaching and learning.
- Respond to (and solicit) faculty requests for assistance in the integration of technological and information literacy skills that enhance the educational experience for students into their curricula.
- In collaboration with the Principal, identify and purchase hardware and software as necessary for the technology program.
- Perform maintenance and trouble-shooting procedures on equipment.
- Establish and maintain the school’s wired and wireless network.
- Problem-solve daily software and hardware issues involving school technology.
- Collect and review an inventory of technology equipment and materials.
- Identify and inform faculty of new technologies and software which may assist them with their essential duties and responsibilities.
- Provide technology training for faculty, staff, and students.
- Disseminate technology-related information within the school via news bulletins, electronic mail, and presentations at staff meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality over student and institutional information.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
- Work as part of a team.
- Attend faculty, administrative, and all other meetings as needed.
Vision, Strategy and Leadership:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Technology, or a related technology/computer field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of experience working with students and education professionals in the field of educational technology.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging network management tools, architectural concepts, and principle
- Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
- Proficient in various computer operating systems.
- Experience with school information systems.
How to apply: Please e-mail (1) cover letter and (2) resume to: email@example.com
Please also visit the Diocese of San Jose website, www.dsj.org and complete the job application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org