POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the School Office Manager, the School Office Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support in the day-to-day operations of the school office and in promoting a positive public relation for the school. Performs a variety of office secretarial, record keeping, and clerical duties which require a broad knowledge of both secretarial and clerical practices and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
Support the school and its community by providing administrative and clerical support to the School Office Manager in the day-to-day operations of the school office as follows:
School office operations
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Principal and/or Teachers as directed by the School Office Manager.
- Record student and school staff attendance.
- Perform data-entry, file maintenance and record-keeping, including but not limited to Student Cumulative Record files
- Maintain school-wide communications
- School calendar
- Website and/or social media
- Maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Make copies.
Positive public relations for the school
- Serve as receptionist for the school and provide customer service to any person (student, parent, volunteer, or staff) needing support from the school’s front office.
- Answer and respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries from students, staff, parents, and the general public.
- Coordinate with vendors and community organizations.
Application, enrollment, and registration (if applicable)
- Enrollment and other reports
- Incoming students and process enrollment materials; complete data input on computer; Outgoing procedures for students withdrawing from the school
- Exhibit flexibility in day-to-day school environments.
- Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, parents, staff, and the general public.
- Able to manage moderate levels of stress and frequent interruption.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
- Work as part of a team.
- Attend faculty, administrative, and all other meetings as needed.
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES: N/A
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES (OTHERS): N/A
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma. Some college coursework, preferred.
- Experience in clerical/secretarial work, including word processing, preferred.
- Prior experience in a public-school setting or institution of higher education, preferred.
- Sufficient training to perform tasks assigned by the Principal and/or School Office Manager.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- English, required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred.
- Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
- Experience with school information systems (SIS).
- Working knowledge of Workday, or willingness to learn.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting.
- Can lift 10 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
- Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computer, telephone, and alarm system.
- Level of vision, hearing, speaking required.
- Able to work evenings and weekends if required.
- Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission.
How to Apply:
Please email (1) cover letter, (2) resume and (3) application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange to interview times.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com