Canyon Heights Academy is seeking a highly qualified, enthusiastic, motivated individual to fill our Resource teacher position. The Resource teacher is a Christian who collaborates and consults with faculty and administration in supporting students with diagnosed learning differences. The Resource teacher contributes to the students’ formation as Christians, consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church and Canyon Heights Academy’s vision and mission statements. Experience teaching and successfully implementing a variety of learning strategies and skills are preferred.
- Work one-on-one, in pairs, or in small groups with students who have diagnosed learning differences or other diagnoses that impact achievement.
- Effectively manages classroom and discipline procedures to provide a formative and positive Christ-centered classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Implement, monitor, and review the Accommodation /Learning Plan of each student requiring learning support.
- Provide support for developing student’s reading, math, and writing skills based on information from teachers and/or psychoeducational/medical assessments.
- Provide strategies for strengthening student’s executive functioning and study skills based on information from teachers and/or psychoeducational/medical assessments.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and administration to determine and plan appropriate student support.
- Communicate educational recommendations to teachers and parents found in the student’s psychoeducational/medical assessments.
- Attend meetings with parents and/or teachers as requested to discuss student progress and concerns.
- Observe students (as requested by teachers and administration) who do not have psychoeducational/medical assessments in order to assess student needs.
- Models virtuous behavior in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Educational Level: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education
- Professional License/specialized training: State certification or certification eligible preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience preferred.
This is a part-time position with an opportunity for full-time based on the candidate’s skills/professional experiences. If interested, please contact Dr. Analiza Filion, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: $55,000-$75,000 per year based on education and experience.
How to Apply: This is a part-time position with an opportunity for full-time based on the candidate’s skills/professional experiences. If interested, please contact Dr. Analiza Filion, Principal, at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org