Saint Simon Parish School, located in Los Altos, California, was established in 1961 and remains a leader in innovative Catholic elementary education in Silicon Valley. We were named a 2021 National Blue Ribbon School. We strive to build a welcoming community, grounded in academic excellence, where students are guided by Catholic values, encouraged to discover and develop their talents, and inspired to lead lives of service.
We currently have an opening for resource teacher/educational therapist for the 2022-2023school year. The position is full-time. The successful candidate is an energetic, passionate and diligent educator who wants to uphold the mission of the school and be part of this rewarding ministry of Catholic education.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide language arts support for students, primarily in 4th through 8th grades with diverse learning needs
• Work with students one-on-one and in small groups with both pull-out and push-in support
• Work closely with teachers to develop an appropriate intervention for referred students and to determine if a student needs targeted pull-out intervention or class push-in support
• Observe students in the classroom and playground setting in order to provide feedback to teachers, parents, and the administration to better serve the needs of students
• Collaborate with teachers in grades four to eight to identify students with learning needs.
• Develop a Learning Support Plan for students with psychoeducational testing results, monitor implementation of accommodations and interventions, and review and communicate progress on a regular basis
• Prepare and present documentation regarding students receiving services to teachers and administrators, including summaries of the students’ learning strengths, learning differences, types of support needed, etc.
• Participate in parent-teacher meetings as agreed upon with administration and the classroom teacher
• Attend grade level meetings, faculty meetings, and Student Support Team meetings, as needed, following up on any recommendations for actions that arise at those meetings
• Attend IEP meetings for Saint Simon students with public school districts
• Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions
• Cover assigned staff duties, including recess and lunch supervision, as well as other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the school administration
• Coordinate Homework Club for students in 4th through 8th grades
• Help with daily check-in/check-out of middle school students with need for this support
• Maintain absolute confidentiality over student and institutional information
• A master’s degree in Special Education or a related field is required.
• A valid CA teaching credential is preferred.
• Experience with reading assessment/psychoeducational testing data is required.
• Experience with interventions for written composition is required.
• Training and/or intervention strategy experience in the areas of executive functioning skills, study skills, and ADHD is required.
• Experience with a reading intervention program based on the Orton-Gillingham methodology is preferred.
• A strong work ethic and a passion for education is required.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail (1) cover letter and (2) resume to Mrs. Ann Kozlovsky, Principal, at email@example.com.