Under the direct supervision of the School Principal, the Recruitment, Retention, and Marketing Director is responsible for planning, leading, and organizing the school’s recruitment, retention, and marketing programs in support of the school’s mission and goals. S/He is also responsible for the development and execution of a marketing and communications plan that effectively communicates the school’s mission, brand, and product to potential students and their families for enrollment purposes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
Recruitment: Under the direction of the principal, develop and implement a recruiting program that focuses on
identifying and contacting potential families for enrollment into the school, including but not limited to:
● Facilitating a program for student recruitment throughout all grade levels.
● Planning and preparing an Admissions Calendar for community and school website.
● Welcoming prospective students and their families to the campus through a variety of strategies including
open house events, student tours and campus visits, informational meetings, and faculty and staff meetand-greet events.
● Overseeing the admissions process for new students from first inquiry through completed enrollment.
● Representing the school in the parish and local community.
● Representing the school at appropriate diocesan meetings.
● Maintaining admission statistics and, in conjunction with the principal, evaluating effectiveness of the recruitment process.
● Maintaining and expanding the network of relationships with outside institutions and groups (schools, churches, civic associations) that can be helpful in attracting quality students.
● Creating positive prospective and current parent experiences through tours, events, and similar activities.
Retention: Under the direction of the principal, implement a plan for retaining current families including, but not
● Hosting internal marketing, Pre-K and Kindergarten readiness events, and celebratory and community
● Collaborating with teachers to incorporate grade-level promotion materials into classroom activities.
Marketing: Under the direction of the principal, oversee internal and external and direct and indirect marketing
efforts of the school including, but not limited to:
● Creating, implementing, and maintaining all social media communication platforms.
● Maintaining and updating the school website as an effective external communication and marketing tool.
● Updating and delivering informational pieces for local media, targeted neighborhoods, and targeted
● Communicating regularly with prospective families with a grade appropriate method and message.
● Adhering to the school’s brand standards or, when necessary, assisting in revising these standards to
present a clear, effective, and positive image.
● Seeking out new, creative, and effective means of communicating the school’s message for marketing and
General: Contribute to a positive school environment by:
● Working with classroom teachers and school administrators to highlight school programs.
● Communicate effectively with students, parents, and other professionals.
● Collaborate with peers to enhance the work environment and support program effectiveness.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
● Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
● Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
● Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
● Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
● Work as part of a team
● Attend faculty, administrative, and all other meetings as needed.
Vision, Strategy and Leadership:
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
Collaboration and Communication:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
● Understanding of marketing principles as they relate to student admissions.
● Understanding of and experience with a variety of social media platforms and how each can support the school’s mission and marketing efforts.
● Ability to gather and analyze data to set direction.
● Ability to project manage, organize, delegate, and prioritize with high-energy as a self-starter in an atmosphere
in which time sensitive deadlines are the norm, as are interruptions.
● Ability to create long range plans and manage the daily details of implementation.
● Capacity to initiate and nurture relationships with potential school families.
● Ability to work non-standard hours with flexible availability.
● Ability to work independently and with a sense of immediacy.
● Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
● Ethical and discreet team player.
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES: N/A
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES (OTHERS): Event volunteers including, but not limited to, parents, staff, and vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
● Two to five years of admissions and marketing experience.
● Experience in Catholic education, preferred.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all
stakeholders of the school.
● English, required
● Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred
● Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
● Proficient in web-based and application-based marketing tools.
● Proficient with admission software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications.
● Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing,
● Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computer, telephone and alarm system
● Can lift 25 lbs. in compliance with safety standards
● Level of vision, hearing, speaking required
● Able to work evenings and weekends if required
● Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
● Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission and act as a Minister of the
Please e-mail (1) cover letter and (2) resume to: Miss Sue Grover Principal, St. Lucy School, firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange interview times
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com