The part-time receptionist is responsible for providing clerical support primarily to parish office personal. A dependable and punctual person as well as one that is able to work in collaboration with others is needed for this position. Individual must be able to deal with the public in a polite and efficient manner at all times. Requires effective verbal and communication skills; able to multi-task; attention to detail; being a team player; and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Answer incoming calls and answer questions or direct calls to various departments.
- Welcome and assist parishioners who come to the parish office
- Register new parishioners
- Provide information regarding sacraments
- Sorting and distributing mail / faxes received
- Prepare certificates for pre-baptism class and baptisms
- Enter, edit and print a database for baptism certificates every Thursday or Friday
- Print names of children being baptized to be placed on the church pews
- Schedule funerals with funeral homes and priests
- Weekly registration of sacraments, especially baptisms
- Recording of notifications of sacraments received from other parishes
- Substitute for full-time receptionist during breaks and or lunch time
- Substitute for full-time receptionist during sick or vacation time; may need to work longer hours on days of illness or vacation of full-time receptionist.
- Provide secretarial duties for the Pastor and Business Manager as needed, including typing correspondence, announcements, etc.
- Prepare and submit weekly bulletin on time
- Update parish website with events and information of activities, as needed
- Assist parish staff as needed or requested in various tasks
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent penmanship
- Must have computer experience, using Windows, with an emphasis on Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Access, Adobe, and Publisher software a plus, but not required
Please email resume to at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com