The Receptionist is responsible for a wide variety of critical tasks associated with the Parish rectory office. Emphasis is given to telephone answering, greeting and assisting parishioners and other visitors who come to the front door. Performs some data entry and record keeping tasks, and provides clerical and administrative support to the parish staff.
- Must maintain friendly and helpful customer service demeanor when interfacing with phone callers, visitors, and parish staff in a sometimes-hectic environment.
- Technology skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications including Google Drive, Calendars, Documents, email.
- Some experience in data entry to support online applications.
- Must be able to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
Telephone Answering and Visitor Greeting
Priority is given to answering the telephone and greeting visitors. Must be efficient in directing calls, taking messages, and directing visitors to appropriate staff person for assistance. Excellent customer service is essential. Receptionist should become familiar with parish policy and procedures in order to answer questions and handle simple inquiries.
Serves as focal point for St. Vincent de Paul outreach handling phone inquiries and walk in traffic.
Parish Records and Database Maintenance
Assists in maintaining the parish database system, especially in posting updates and changes to family records.
Maintains hardbound Sacramental registries in compliance with Diocesan guidelines. Responds to outside requests for sacramental records and assures registries are up to date and accurately completed.
Sunday Collection and Liturgy Support
Processes request for Mass Intentions. Maintains weekly log and generates the Mass intention listing for weekend Mass and ebulletin publication. Work must be accurate and done on a timely basis.
Supports the Sunday collection count teams. Uploads necessary documents for accounting system. Retrieves candle money from church collection boxes and ensures collection bags and logs are in place for all Masses and special services where collections will be taken.
Other Support Functions
Provides clerical support as assigned. May include coping, filing, data entry, assists in mailings, may administer registration for programs.
Provides backup to other clerical, administrative functions when people are absent.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma. Some college coursework, preferred.
- Experience in office/clerical work required.
- Familiar with St. Simon parish a plus.
- Sufficient training to perform tasks assigned by the Office Manager.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all parishioners and visitors to the parish.
- English, required.
- Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
- Experience with church information systems.
- Proficient with Google applications and Microsoft Office Suite and
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting.
- Can lift 10 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
- Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, scanners, personal computer, telephone, and postage meter.
- Level of vision, hearing, speaking required.
- Able to work evenings and weekends occasionally if required.
- Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church, and support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org