Holy Spirit School is a Pre-K – 8th (two classes of each grade) school located in the Almaden Valley in San Jose, California. As a Catholic school focused on academic excellence, we are also recognized for sending forth into the greater community, Christ-centered, compassionate, and confident leaders and problem solvers who exercise moral courage and serve to others in their daily lives. Our dedicated and knowledgeable faculty guides students to fully engage in their education. Using a rich array of teaching methods, teachers meet students where they are, and challenge them to flourish in academic performance and development of life skills.
We currently have an opening for a Preschool Director for the 2022-2023 school year.
Under the direction of the school Principal, the Preschool Director is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Preschool program. The Preschool Director adheres to all licensing and state regulations and maintains compliance with state and local requirements. The Preschool Director will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with program staff members to provide a professional and positive environment. The Director works in conjunction with the teaching team to design, implement and evaluate a socially, emotionally, and developmentally appropriate program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively within any regulatory structure, interpreting and adapting Preschool policies and procedures to ensure that all licensing requirements are met.
- Maintain employee records per regulatory requirements.
- Ensures the safe and healthy environment of the Preschool program.
- Plan and implement engaging, developmentally-appropriate educational enrichment curriculum.
- Collaborate with the Principal on all aspects of the Preschool program, including but not limited to:
- Resource management
- Marketing and admissions
- Complete and ensure the timely submission of all internally and externally required reports, applications, and administrative documents.
- Plan and participate in on-site and off-site learning opportunities in accordance with a professional development plan that reflects regulatory and personal professional needs and interests.
- Maintain confidentiality over student and institutional information
- Support the mission of the Catholic Church and school in both words and actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; in a related field preferred.
- Candidates must have 12 Early Childhood Education Units, should have more than one-year preschool experience.
- Experience working with PK age students
- Substantive experience in working with elementary school children, especially having an understanding of developmental stages;
- Have a strong work ethic and a passion for their chosen career in education;
- Possess a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively to constructive criticism in a collaborative, fast paced environment; and
- Willingness to integrate technology into education/curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
Please e-mail (1) cover letter and (2) resume to: email@example.com
Please note: only applications submitted in electronic format to the above email address will be considered. Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org