St. Elizabeth Seton School, sponsored by the Daughters of Charity, is a nurturing community in the Vincentian tradition. We provide holistic learning and a challenging curriculum to all students. At Seton, we believe that every child can and will learn. We work diligently to create supportive environments and to provide multiple opportunities for all learners to be successful academically, spiritually, socio-emotionally, and physically.
St. Elizabeth Seton School is seeking a Pre-K Aide for the 2023-2024 school year. St. Elizabeth Seton School is located in Palo Alto., serving 175 students in PreK-8th grades.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
Classroom Management and Learning Environment
- Support the Teacher in positive classroom management and delivering effective instruction to all students, including in small groups and individually.
- Report progress regarding student performance and behavior.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following established practices and procedures; maintain a safe, orderly, and clean learning environment.
- Tutor individual or small groups of students, reinforcing instruction as directed by the Teacher; monitor and oversee student drills, practices, and assignments in various subjects; confer with the Teacher concerning lesson plans and materials to meet student needs.
- Maintain discipline in the absence of the Teacher.
- Supervise students both inside and outside the classroom where assigned.
- Accept responsibility for the safety and well-being of each child.
Instructional Materials and Clerical Tasks
Assist the Teacher in maintaining a functioning classroom environment. Examples include but are not
- Classroom setup
- Assist in the preparation of instructional materials and exercises as well as the implementation of lesson
- Understand the principles of child development and education models.
- Exhibits flexibility in day-to-day school environments.
- Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, parents, staff, and the general public.
- Able to manage moderate levels of stress.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
- Work as part of a team.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Course credit in child development, preferred.
- At least two years’ experience implementing educational programming and working with students as a Teacher and/or educational aide, preferred.
- Previous experience supervising children.
- Sufficient training to perform tasks assigned by the Principal and/or Teacher.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- English, required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
- Experience with school information systems (SIS).
- Ability to use devices common to classrooms (e.g.: cameras, projectors, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Workday, or willingness to learn.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting.
- Can lift 10 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Handles exposure to climate change and temperature.
- Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computer, telephone, and alarm system.
- Level of vision, hearing, speaking required.
- Able to work evenings and weekends if required.
- Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission.
Salary Range: $61,000 – $97,000 per year based on education and experience.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Elizabeth Watters at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com