St. Christopher School in San Jose, California, is currently seeking a part-time physical education teacher for the 2022-23 school year. Our school offers an educational tradition that is rich in faith, focused on academic rigor, and blessed with an active, involved parent community.
The mission of St. Christopher School is to develop faith-filled leaders who serve God, consider their actions and step up.
As a PE instructor, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and assessment of students ranging from Kindergarten through 8th grade. The physical education instructor will have access to our gym and field.
- Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions.
- Assist with instruction for students with diverse needs and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations in order to help them be successful.
- Possess knowledge of the California Physical Education curriculum and content standards.
- Cover assigned staff duties, including recess and lunch, as well as other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the school administration.
- Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, parents, staff, and the general public.
- Able to manage moderate levels of stress.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
- Work as part of a team.
- Attend faculty, administrative, and all other meetings as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential they will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
- Previous experience working with student athletes and holding a leadership role.
To apply: Send resume and references to: Principal Sally Douthit: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org