St. Joseph of Cupertino School in Cupertino, CA, seeks a part-time PERFORMING ARTS/MUSIC TEACHER for the 2022-2023 school year. St. Joseph of Cupertino School is the educational gateway to the future of our youth. In the heart of Silicon Valley, our preschool-8th grade Catholic school is focused on the care of the whole
person. We go beyond caring for the educational growth of our students and strive to foster their moral, emotional, and spiritual growth. We take our responsibility for our community’s well-being and safety very seriously. Earning the top academic schools in the Diocese of San Jose is one example of reaching our academic goals, but our religious studies, the classes in the Fine Arts, and robust club offerings round out your
child’s education. As a Catholic school, we are committed to faith, love, service, justice, learning, and growth.
St. Joseph of Cupertino School is seeking a creative and enthusiastic teacher with experience in the music classroom. The performing arts teacher will work with the principal to develop an integrated, constructivist, project-based curriculum for students in our preschool-8th grade Catholic school. They will provide direct instruction, document curriculum, prepare students for two formal all-school performances a year, communicate student progress with narrative reports in addition to other responsibilities. A background in teaching both Elementary and Middle School grades is highly valued and a bachelor’s degree in Music Education or Theater Education is preferred along with high musical competence and proficiency of a musical instrument (piano and/or guitar preferred) is required for this position. . We seek a dedicated, highly collaborative, innovative teacher who loves children, utilizes growth mindset, understands constructivism and wants to be part of an exciting
team of forward-thinking educators. The following is a list of skills that are preferred.
OPTIMAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO:
● Demonstrable knowledge of music curriculum and the ability to implement it
● Collaborate with teachers and directors to design, develop, document and assess project-based curriculum.
● Teach Performing Arts classes that may include but are not limited to:
○ Music theory
○ Sight reading
○ Music appreciation
○ Digital Composition
○ Drama and musical theater activities
● Prepare and support students for Christmas and Spring Concerts
● Work within budget to acquire appropriate teaching and performance materials and resources
● Motivate pupils and encourage progress
● Excellent oral and written skills
● Assess pupils’ abilities, providing feedback and writing reports
● Ability to interact collaboratively with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administration
● Attend weekly team and faculty meetings.
● Produce two after school musical theater productions
WORKING CONDITIONS MAY INCLUDE:
● Ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time.
● Ability to see for purposes of reading music, correspondence, documents, and printed matter and observing students.
● Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels.
● Ability to communicate so others can clearly understand normal conversation.
● Ability to bend, crouch, kneel to assist students in pushing/pulling and lifting of musical equipment and supplies, sitting in chairs and/or floor and reaching in all directions.
● Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
● Periods of moderate to high-stress level.
Candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit sjcschool.org..