St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School, in Los Gatos, CA has an open position for a PE Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. This position is full-time.
We are looking for an energetic, passionate and dedicated staff member who truly wants to make a difference in the lives of students, uphold the mission of the school and be part of this rewarding ministry of Catholic education in the Diocese of San Jose.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
- Plan, implement, and evaluate appropriate Physical Education (PE) curricula and activities for students in grades 5-8
- Enter grades using the school’s online system in a timely manner
- Provide instruction for students with diverse learning needs, and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations to help them be successful
- Possess knowledge of the California Physical Education standards and experience with pacing lessons.
- Complete inventory and order PE and recess supplies for all grades (TK-8th) in a timely manner
- Model and promote good sportsmanship.
- Acquire and maintain equipment, first aid supplies, and uniforms.
- Maintain and operate the proper use of athletic equipment and supplies by participants.
- Maintain confidentiality over student and institutional information.
- Support the mission of the Catholic Church and schools in both words and actions
- Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, parents, staff, and the general public.
- Able to manage moderate levels of stress.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
- Work as part of a team.
- Attend faculty, administrative, and all other meetings as needed.
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES: Athletic program volunteers including, but not limited to, coaches, scorekeepers, Snack Shack workers.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential they will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
- Previous experience working with student athletes and holding a leadership role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- English, required.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
- Working knowledge of Workday, or willingness to learn.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting.
- Can lift 25 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Handles exposure to climate change and temperature.
- Level of vision, hearing, speaking required.
- Able to work evenings and weekends if required.
- Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission.
How to Apply:
E-mail (1) cover letter (2) resume and to Mrs. Monica Hernandez, principal, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange interview times.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com