St. Lucy School is a Pre K- 8th grade parish school located in Campbell, California. “We are an innovative Catholic school within a thriving parish community. Our students are engaged learners who benefit from a supportive community of dedicated teachers, parents, grandparents, and alumni who partner in support of their growth.” In partnership with the parents, St. Lucy School provides a quality education that fosters a welcoming community, faith and service and academic excellence.
Under the direct supervision of the Preschool Teacher, the Preschool Assistant is responsible for providing assistance and support in the creation of an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for children enrolled in the program, and for ensuring that the program is supportive of the school’s philosophy , organization and curriculum.
- Support the Preschool Teacher in positive classroom management and delivering effective instruction to all students, including in small groups and individually.
- Implement daily activities as directed by the Preschool Teacher and in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the program
- Assist the Preschool Teacher in maintaining a functioning classroom environment. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Classroom setup
- Bulletin boards
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment based on the safety and behavioral standards of the school
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and other professionals
- Monitor and assist individual students in groups to support program activities
- Supervise preschool students both inside and outside the classroom where assigned.
- Accept responsibility for the safety and well-being of each child.
- Assist the Preschool Teacher in the organization, cleanliness and safety of the classroom.
- Exhibit warmth and care in working with children in stressful situations.
- Maintain confidentiality over student and institutional information.
- Support the mission of the Catholic Church and schools in both words and actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to apply: Please e-mail (1) cover letter and (2) resume to: email@example.com
Please also visit the Diocese of San Jose website, www.dsj.org and complete the job application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org