Part time Physical Education Instructor position is open for the remainder of 2023-2024 school year and future years.
Specific Job Responsibilities
As an instructor, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and assessment of a diverse class of students ranging from Transitional Kindergarten age through 8th grade. You will be teaching physical education while working closely with homeroom teachers so that physical education can be cross-curricular. The physical education instructor will have access to our gym and full field.
- Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions.
- Assist with instruction for students with diverse learning needs, and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations in order to help them be successful.
- Possess knowledge of the California Physical Education curriculum and content standards.
- Cover assigned staff duties, including recess and lunch, as well as other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the school administration.
- Design a comprehensive program to support academic, social, emotional, spiritual, physical, moral, and character development of every student. Promote student development of the whole person — mind, body, and spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Teaching Credential, and/or professional experience
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential, they will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose
Send resumé, cover letter, and a list of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
St. Mary School and all Catholic Schools in the Diocese of San Jose are mindful of their mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, and admit students of any race, color, and nationality and/or ethnic origin of the rights, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the schools.
The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of San Jose do not unlawfully discriminate of the basis of race, color, and national or ethnic origin, age, sex or disability in the admission of students, the administration of educational policies, scholarship, and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. Likewise, St. Mary School and all the Catholic schools in the Diocese of San Jose do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of sex, age, disability, race color and national and/or ethnic origin. (California Catholic Conference, March 1994, revised January 1997)
Annual salary is based on Salary scale in accordance with the Teacher Salary Guidelines. Salary Range: $61,000 – $97,000 per year for a full-time teacher based on education and experience. Salary will be prorated according to the FTE.
To apply for this job please visit dsj.org .