St. Justin Community Ministry is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven individual to oversee the general operation and success of the retail thrift shop. This person will be responsible for the positive image of the store and promoting its purpose in the ministry of St. Justin parish and to the larger community. This person must be reliable, dependable, pay attention to detail, enjoy a fast-paced work environment. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures set forth by the parish and dioceses.
- Organize, clean and maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Sort, hang clothes and create a fair pricing model.
- Hire, coordinate, manage and train staff, volunteers and their schedules and assigned duties.
- Operate a cash register, reconcile cash with sales receipts and keep record of all transactions.
- Manage and direct the sales performance of the store.
- Document all incidents involving staff and customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years, or more of retail and management experience.
- Familiarity with merchandise promotion and sales techniques.
- Experience managing staff in a retail environment.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the success of St. Justin parish and an ability to communicate that enthusiasm to the community.
- Be in good physical condition and able to stand on feet for long periods and be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Able to maintain proper confidentiality.
- High School diploma.
- Tech skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, Social Media.
- Fluent in English language, written and spoken communication.
- Valid CA Driver’s License.
How to Apply:
- Interested parties may email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org