Part-Time Bilingual Administrative Assistant I required for providing a full range of administrative and receptionist services for a very busy office. Will oversee the parish data base system while covering the reception desk and supporting general administrative needs. Employee would enter data efficiently and will attention to detail and quality. All phone calls and office visits are handled efficiently, confidentially, professionally, and in a caring manner, with the desire to minister to all. The position will report directly to the Office Manager and assist the Manager in the orderly operations of the parish office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(other duties may be assigned)
- Process new and updated registration information of current and new parishioners, sending welcome letters and maintaining all information in the ParishSoft database.
- Maintaining the parish offering envelope system, recording parishioners’ donations in the ParishSoft System and the responsibility of mailing out the yearly contributions statements in addition to select monthly statements.
- Maintain the sacramental information on database and help record in sacrament record books.
- Co-maintain the online Mass Intentions scheduling program and record the donations.
- Provide hospitality and proper communication when serving our parishioners while on the parish property, as your actions are always an impression of our parish .
- Operating the telephone system, taking/transferring calls and disseminating messages to concerned staff.
- Supervise and keep healthy relationships with Office Reception Volunteers. Train them when needed.
- Support other administrative needs as requested by the Pastor, Administrator, and Office Manager.
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities required.
- Must provide excellent professional, administrative and clerical support.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Proficient in using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable with receiving training on and using web-based computer applications
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Detail oriented
- Practicing Catholic
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES:
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
High school graduate
Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a related position with related responsibilities.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & Spanish is required
Computer proficiency including Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
Familiarity with ParishSoft is a plus.
Use of multi-line phone system when serving as receptionist backup
Type 55+ WPM
Sitting for long periods of time, answering phones or working on a computer
Ability to lift 50lbs
Cubical work space in busy office with heating, but no air conditioning.
Busy office setting
Be the voice and face of the parish to those calling or visiting the parish office; great customer service skills.
Personable, well-organized, able to work in a team setting, good time management, ability to multitask and meets deadlines.
Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, creative, confidential and accountable.
Must successfully pass required background and fingerprinting check as well as Safe environment training.
Be an active Catholic in good standing.
To apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org