Position Description: This is a part-time non-teaching position at St. Leo the Great School, located at Race and W. San Fernando Street in the Midtown area of San Jose. Our location is walking distance from the Downtown Train Station, VTA, and the future Google Village campus. Extended Care Staff members are responsible for attendance on site between the hours of 2:45 and 6:00 daily (12:15-6:00 on Wednesday.) Most important, this position requires the candidate to proactively supervise students, ensure that sign in and sign out procedures are accurate, ensure a clean and safe facility, and to coordinate structured activities. All Extended Care Staff members report to the school administration.
The position requires the following responsibilities and skills:
- Provide a safe nurturing environment for kindergarten-8th grade students in extended care in line with the school’s mission and philosophy
- Manage and monitor sign in and sign out procedures for registered and drop-in students of the program.
- Supervise children from ages 5-14 and provide activities conducive to different age groups. Monitor a safe playground environment in line with the school’s playground polices and procedures
- Communicate with the Business Officer of the school with the sign-in/out of the to ensure billing communication with the parents is timely.
- Collaboration with the school administration of the school with planning and purchase of materials or supplies as needed
- Provide an environment for students to study and complete homework
- Be able to work with, instruct, and coordinate both large and small groups of children
- Use technology as a tool for communication
- Run copies, use a collator, use a laminator
- Bachelor’s Degree, Child Development Units, Associate Degree is preferred
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Prior experience with children in and extended care environment with grade age or middle school children
- Ability to use and learn key computer software and/or Apps including Microsoft Office 365, Powerschool, Workday, and key internet functions is required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is desirable.
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
Compensation: The position is a non-exempt. less than 20 hrs. per week. The position based on a per hour rate which will be based on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com