Canyon Heights Academy is seeking a highly qualified, enthusiastic, motivated individual to teach music for our Preschool to grade 8 students, assist with planning and organizing school productions, and provide musical ministry for school masses. The music teacher is a Christian who inspires students to learn the knowledge, skills and subject matter of music, contributing to the students’ formation as Christians, consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church and Canyon Heights Academy’s vision and mission statements.
- Effectively utilizes basic elements of foundational music instruction and prepares appropriate weekly lesson plans including instructional objectives, planned activities, spiritual integration, assessments and resources, incorporating classroom technology to enhance instruction.
- Assists with planning and leading music ministry for weekly and monthly masses.
- Prepares students for All Saints Day, Christmas, and Spring performances.
- Effectively manages classroom and discipline procedures to provide a formative and positive Christ-centered classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Models effective teacher/parent partnership through timely communication with parents in support of student learning (e.g. posting of assignments, grades, conferencing).
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective formative environment for students and work environment for colleagues.
- Models virtuous behavior in accord with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Music Education from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Professional License/specialized training: State certification or certification eligible preferred.
- Practicing and informed Catholic in communion with the Holy Roman Catholic Church who knows and follows the precepts of the Church.
- Ability to organize and communicate information and adapt to changing work priorities for effective execution of the program.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures related to building successful performance arts programs.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience preferred.
Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000 per year based on education and experience.
How to Apply: If interested, please contact Dr. Analiza Filion, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a part-time position with an opportunity for full-time based on the candidate’s skills/professional
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com