Music Teacher Job Description: Full Time, Two Locations
St. Justin School and St. Clare School are looking to hire a Music Teacher for the 2022-23 school year. The ideal candidate will teach students in Transitional Kindergarten (4-year olds) through Eighth Grade. (K-8 at St. Justin; TK-5 at St. Clare).
Specific Job Responsibilities
The Music Teacher will be responsible for developing and implementing developmentally appropriate and engaging lessons that inspire creativity and active participation. Music instruction can range from music appreciation, music theory, playing instruments and singing.
The Music Teacher will:
- Foster a positive and safe classroom environment while promoting excellent student/teacher and peer interaction.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create cross-curricular lessons.
- Direct the school choir in liturgical music during weekly liturgies.
- Direct weekly after-school rehearsals for the school choir.
- Organize class-by-class musical performances for the annual school-wide Christmas Program and class-by-class musical performances for the Spring Showcase.
- Communicate regularly with parents/families to share academic progress and develop a supportive home-school relationship.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org