Sacred Heart Nativity Schools provide a transformative middle school education to low-income youth in San Jose. Nativity is a Jesuit, faith-based middle school located in the Washington Gardner neighborhood and provides a holistic education that supports the growth and development of a child intellectually, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Nativity consists of two middle schools: Sacred Heart Nativity School for Boys (established in 2001) and Our Lady of Grace Nativity School for Girls (established 2006). Our mission and entire program are for the purpose of breaking the cycle of poverty through education.
Sacred Heart Nativity Schools seek a driven and passionate teacher to join our mission for the 2023-24 school year. This person must not only be a classroom leader but also serve as a role model for our students as we mold them in the Jesuit tradition of becoming men and women for others. In addition to teaching, the position also includes homeroom and extended day responsibilities, plus Saturday School and Summer School leadership. Other duties as assigned by the principal. As a member of the faculty, this position reports directly to the principal.
We are searching for a dedicated and qualified teacher to teach to a diverse student body, guided by the principles of the Catholic church and Jesuit charism. This full-time position requires the teacher to provide rigorous instruction based on common core standards and to be familiar with project-based and differentiated learning strategies.
Applicants must love working with middle school age students, have a passion for teaching all aspects of language, reading and writing, and work collaboratively as a team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
● A knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards including the California Common Core
● Strong classroom management skills
● Creativity and knowledge of lesson planning, learning activities and assessments
● Ability to relate to students and help them grow academically
● Excellent technology skills and proficiency in integrating technology into the curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
● A compassionate heart, interested in meeting students where they are, and differentiating accordingly
● A positive and professional image consistent with the mission of Sacred Heart Nativity Schools and our co-sponsoring organizations: Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish, the Diocese of San Jose, and the Province of the Society of Jesus.
The ideal candidate supports and promotes our Grad @ Grad (Graduate outcomes)
● Committed to Faith
● Committed to Love and Serve
● Committed to Justice
● Committed to Learn
● Committed to Growth
Additionally, the candidate will be able to:
● Plan, implement, monitor, and assess curriculum which is consistent with local site goals, philosophies and specific objectives based on assessment of student needs.
● Establish and maintain standards of behavior needed to achieve a productive learning environment.
● Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administration to assess and address student and professional needs.
● Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings.
● Communicate regularly with parents regarding standards, objectives, and student progress.
● Provide a diverse learning environment for all learners and manage accommodations for students.
● Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND LICENSES/CERTIFICATES
● Bachelor’s degree in related field
● Master’s degree and/or teaching credential (preferred)
● Ignatian Educator
● Multi-cultural competency and culturally responsive
● Experience working in a faith-based community.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
● Ability to lift 25 lbs. without help.
● Ability to look at a computer monitor for long periods of time.
● Ability to sit for long periods of time.
● Physically able to assist, when necessary, with event setup and breakdown
● Ability to work in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, etc.
Salary Range: $59,000-93,781 (based on years of experience and education)
How to Apply: Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com