St. Mary School
St. Mary School is looking to hire a full-time middle school English Language Arts/Social Studies teacher for the 2023-2024 school year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, monitor, and assess an academic program consistent with Diocesan and local site goals, philosophies, and California Common Core Standards
- Teach 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Social Studies and 7th Grade ELA.
- Manage homeroom responsibilities and activities for one middle school class.
- Strong classroom management skills for students in grades 6-8
- Excellent technology skills and proficiency in integrating technology into the curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administration to assess and address student and professional needs.
- Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding standards, objectives, and student progress within the instructional program.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Carry out all assigned faculty/staff duties in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential, he or she will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
- 2-5 years of teaching experience is preferred.
- An affinity for working with children, especially the understanding of developmental stages within this age group.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a passion for the formation of young minds, hearts, and spirits;
- Possess a genuine willingness to grow and to be an active collaborator.
- Ability to integrate technology into education/curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Marcee Ervin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $61,000 – $97,000 per year based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com