St. Martin of Tours
St. Martin of Tours School is seeking a Middle School Social Studies and ELA teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. St. Martin of Tour School is located in San Jose, serving 325 students in grades TK-8. In partnership with parents, staff, and parishioners, St. Martin of Tours School provides and supports our students’ education in an environment centered around our Catholic values and beliefs in order to foster a lifelong love of learning.
We believe by living our Catholic faith students are encouraged to have a personal relationship with God, embrace the Gospel message, and celebrate their unique gifts.
We achieve by developing our students’ abilities and challenging them to problem solve, think analytically, work collaboratively, and communicate effectively.
We roar by sending forth students who take responsibility for their actions, are capable of leading others, serve those in need, and stand up for what is right.
St. Martin of Tours School honors tradition and embraces innovation to provide students a strong Catholic foundation for a bright future, while challenging each student to reach their full spiritual, academic, and personal potential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and uphold a faith-filled, Catholic environment in both words and actions.
- Facilitate growth of students with diverse learning needs and be willing to implement necessary accommodations in order for the student to realize success and extend their learning.
- Possess knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards, as well as have demonstrable knowledge of
- Common Core Standards (including CA Common Core) and experience with pacing guides.
- Exhibit a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively, to respond positively to coaching and capacity development in a collaborative, high-energy environment.
- Integrate technology into the curriculum to engage students.
- Use a variety of data to respond to student learning needs.
- Effectively and regularly communicate with parents and students regarding relevant classroom engagement opportunities, as well as student growth and achievement.
- Willingly perform assigned supervision responsibilities and after-school meetings and events, in addition to other duties assigned by the school administration.
- Assist with administration and analysis of standardized assessments under the direction of school administration.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality over student, school staff and institutional information.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential, he or she will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
- An affinity for working with children, especially the understanding of developmental stages within this age group.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a passion for the formation of young minds, hearts, and spirits;
- Possess a genuine willingness to grow and to be an active collaborator.
- Ability to integrate technology into education/curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, David Cortese, email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit dsj.org.