St. Elizabeth Seton School is currently seeking a compassionate, dedicated, passionate middle school religion and social studies teacher. St. Elizabeth Seton School community believes in
educating the whole child in an atmosphere where spiritual growth, academic excellence, and an appreciation of multicultural values are fostered. Our students learn 21st-century skills in a
Mission: St. Elizabeth Seton School, sponsored by the Daughters of Charity, is a nurturing community in the Vincentian tradition. We provide holistic learning and a challenging curriculum to all students. At Seton, we believe that every child can and will learn. We work diligently to create supportive environments and to provide multiple opportunities for all learners to be successful academically, spiritually, socio-emotionally, and physically.
● Plan, implement, monitor, and assess an academic program consistent with Diocesan and local site goals and philosophies as well as the California Common Core Standards
● Manage homeroom responsibilities and activities for one middle school class
● Demonstrate strong classroom management skills for students in grades 6-8
● Model excellent technology skills and proficiency in integrating technology into the curriculum regularly to enhance student learning
● Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administration to assess and address student and professional needs
● Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings
● Communicate regularly with parents regarding standards, objectives, and student progress within the instructional program
● Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
● Carry out all assigned faculty/staff duties in a professional manner
● Participating member of a Catholic community preferred
Salary will be set by the Diocese of San Jose teacher salary scale.
● A Bachelor’s Degree
● A valid California teaching credential is preferred (must be willing to complete a credentialing
program in the next five years).
● 3-5 years of teaching experience is preferred.
How to Apply: Email a resume to Elizabeth Watters at email@example.com
Please note: Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange interview times.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org